The new Stilo ST5 range of helmets have been developed after meticulous and inexhaustible research for perfection. Pushing the standards of safety and quality even further, the Stilo ST5 is now the benchmark for all competitors.
Improving upon the previous ST4 (which is still a very good helmet), the new model is lighter, uses a smaller shell, has increased vision with a visor which lifts fully out of line of sight, is more comfortable, has better aerodynamics, has better ventilation and uses a new visor locking clasp which can easily be operated with just one hand. Another important first is the large size helmet now uses the small shell size which in turn means more competitors fit into the smaller, lighter and more aerodynamic small shell size.
This FIA 8860-2010 approved ST5 GT ZERO 8860 is the lightest helmet on the market to have passed the demanding FIA 8860-2010 standard. The very best materials (high tensile carbon) and the very best building techniques (autoclave moulding), together with the use of a EPS (expandable polystyrene), combine to achieve an exceptionally light weight helmet with very high safety standards. Ideal for use in saloon and GT racing the helmet is supplied as standard with a short sunshade - a full visor is available as an option if use in an open top car is required.
Stilo ST5 GT ZERO 8860 - This helmet is fitted with an integrated radio connection, that includes: magnetic-dynamic noise cancelling microphone, integrated radio connection plug, integrated ear plugs connection, removable earmuffs. Factory fitted FHR (Hans) posts.
Weight: small shell 1200±30g, large shell 1300±30g
Included with the helmet:
- YA0801 light smoke full visor,
- YA0802 dark smoke full visor,
- YA0818 visor fitting/locking kit,
- YA0715 top air intake kit,
- YA0600 & YA0605 helmet drinking system kit
- YY0016 professional helmet/FHR/Hans bag.
Other features Include:
- Integrated Plugs: No more hanging cables and possible breakages. The whole electronics package is integrated into the helmet as well as the plug connecting to the radio. For circuit use, wiring connections are available to connect to the most common car radio systems (see Have you also considered?). The plug is on the left hand side of the helmet.
- Adjustable Microphone: Magnetic-dynamic noise-cancelling microphone. Supplied with spacers to move the microphone position closer to the drivers mouth.
- Earmuffs: Certified for track use as they offer excellent isolation from external noises. They are removable and not fitted with speakers, which are not permitted on circuit: communication is always carried out through ear plugs (see Have you also considered?). The pressure on the head from the earmuffs can be adjusted by changing the special foam rubber pads (supplied) positioned between the earmuff and the helmet.
- Drinks System Connection Plug: Built in to the helmet on the left hand side is the drinks system port for you to fit the included drinks system kit. Allowing the driver to easily stay hydrated during a competition and with quick release couplings also making it easy to enter and exit the car. If preferred the helmet also has preparation for a frontal drinking system entering through the front air vent.
- Double Shell: Two different shell sizes: small (S, M and L), large (XL, XXL).
- Optional: Front spoiler, rear spoiler, air intakes and other visors.
FIA 8860-2010 Approved