The Stilo WRC DES 8860 helmet is made from the very best moulded autoclaved carbon and unlike the other helmets in the Stilo range the 8860 versions are solid carbon for high strength and light weight.
This helmet is fitted with Stilo’s WRC intercom system, that includes: noise attenuating earmuffs which are fitted with speakers, magnetic-dynamic noise cancelling microphone, fully integrated intercom plug. Weight: small shell 1300g±30g, large shell 1350g±30g.
- Adjustable Microphone: WRC DES is fitted with an easily adjustable microphone boom/holder. All it takes is to remove the holder padding and to use the provided spacers to move the microphone 5, 10 or 15 mm closer to the mouth.
- Integrated Plug: WRC DES integrated plug is positioned away from the HANS® posts in order to ease the jack connection to the intercom (Rally) or radio (Turismo).
- Adjustable Peak: The peak can be raised and lowered to give the driver clear visibility even when the sun is on the horizon. Optional high optical quality flip up visor available.
- Earmuffs: Certified for circuit usage as well, they assure the helmet to be perfectly soundproof. Their pressure on the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber paddings placed in between the earmuffs and the shell. The Rally version hosts speakers while in the Turismo (Circuit) version they are removable and free from cables as speakers are not permitted on track.
- EPS Cheekpads: WRC DES is the only helmet on the market, fitted both with earmuffs and EPS (expandable polystyrene) cheekpads. The use of EPS cheekpads ensures better protection in case of lateral impacts.
- Double Shell: Two different shells: one for small sizes (XS, S and M) and one for large sizes (L and XL).
FIA 8860-2010 and Snell Approved.