Octopus Grip is the Premium Tyre Softener developed specifically
for all types of motorsports to:
- Extend the useable life of your race tyres
- Improve cold and hot tyre performance
- Reduce running costs
- Reduce durometer readings
- Help improve overall performance and lap times
- Can be used for all types of motorsport * * Please check your vehicle category rules before using this product
Octopus Grip is proudly Australian owned, operated and Manufactured to Australian Standards.
Octopus Grip works !!
Octopus Grip is simple and easy to use...
1. A few days prior to your race, ensure tyres are clean and scuffed.
2. Apply Octopus Grip with a clean paint brush. Apply gently to small sections of your tyre
tread at a time, this allows Octopus Grip to soak in and not drip. Please take care to not splash Octopus Grip onto your paintwork.
3. Allow to air dry overnight.
4. Wrap in industrial grade plastic wrap when your done. Simple!
Depending on the condition of your tyres, several coats may be
required. See below for recommended applications.
Tips for Weekend Racing.
If your event is for more than one day, if required you can apply Octopus Grip
at the end of first days racing but DO NOT wrap tyres - this allows
residue to evaporate overnight.
Some older tyres may require a few treatments and usage before
optimum results are gained – the hardened outer layer must be
penetrated. For best results on older or harder semi slick tyres
apply two coats and allow to absorb overnight, apply another two
coats, wrap and your done!
Hillclimb soft slick tyres.
Do not over treat, the softer the tyre was new ... the more dramatic Octopus Grip
works. Usually one coat is sufficient to bring an older soft compound hillclimb slick
tyre back to life.
Test if in doubt.
Do not over treat your tyres, Octopus Grip works very well and brings
your older tyres back into life with 1 to 4 coats, see the guide above
as a starting point, experiment to see what suits your vehicle and
type of racing.